Theory & practice
Our driving instructors prepare you for the theory test which every learner needs to pass. You'll also receive valuable tips and information.
The theory test is divided into two parts:
- A multiple-choice test comprising50 multiple-choice questionscovering aspects of the Highway Code. The pass mark is 43.
- A hazard perception test consisting of a series of video clips of actual road hazards that need to be identified. The pass mark is 44.
FULL ACCESS to the Theory Test Pro online theory and hazard perception tests.
- Unlimited access to all the official questions from the DSA in the same format as the official test
- Includes online version of Highway Code
- Realistic hazard perception video simulations
- Access to test banks for car, motorcycle, passenger carry vehicle and heavy goods vehicle categories
- Machine translation into over 40 different languages
- Speech-enabled tests so you can listen to questions
Click the above link to enrol for FREE using the password: IN1012GEAR
The Driving Standards Agency recommends that most learners take at least 45 hours of professional tuition lessons and at least 20 hours with friends and family.
The average number of lessons is currently 35 hours. As all learners are different, some will pass more quickly than others.
Your driving test will start with an eyesight check and some vehicle safety questions. The driving part of your test will last about 40 minutes. Throughout the test your examiner will be looking for an overall safe standard of driving, including when you are carrying out the set exercises. You can make up to 15 driving faults and still pass the test (16 or more results in failure). However, if you commit one serious or dangerous fault you will fail the test.
The Practical Driving Test cannot be booked until you pass the Theory Test. Bookings can be made by phone / post / fax or online at www.direct.gov.uk/drivingtest.
Photographic Identification is required for both tests.
Work on the Practical Driving test can commence at any time, if you hold a Provisional Driving Licence.